There is no real formula to inspire trust, it is something that needs to be created organically.
However; when you are working with customers on a personal level, like in a retail location or in a meeting, it is a lot easier to build a trusting relationship than when you are running an online business.
Being able to read a person’s facial expressions or hear the tone of their voice are tools that you have when working face to face with someone. Even on the phone or via Skype because you have the opportunity to respond accordingly – at the moment.
Building trust online is a different story, not necessarily difficult, just different. Aside from being honest, transparent and true to yourself, what else can you do to develop a trusting relationship between you and your customers?
First and foremost, remember people do business with people so, be accessible and easy to contact.
Below is a small list of additional ways to build trust, online.
- Demonstrate industry knowledge, capture their attention with what you know through your blog.
- Be the expert and share your product knowledge, show why you trust and love the products or services you offer.
- Show how you understand and can relate to current trends in your industry.
- Be direct, don’t beat around the bush – be honest and direct with your customers.
- Be even-handed. Always acknowledge both positive and negatives aspects of any topic.
- Share Social Proof. Ask for online reviews, via multiple channels.
- Provide clarity. Be clear about what you offer and give your customers the gift of clarity.
- Be open to honest feedback and respond respectively.
- If a problem develops after a sale, don’t make excuses or place blame; offer a solution
- Don’t make promises you cannot keep and be consistent with the ones you do.
Now, I want to hear from you! Tell us a story about how you inspire trust to your customers or as a customer, how has a business earned your trust? Share below in the comment section or join the conversation in the Facebook group.